Westfield Newmarket represents a high-profile flagship project for the Scentre Group, and an important asset to the Auckland community. The $790 Million project involved the renovation of the existing 277 Broadway building and the clearing, development and construction of the adjacent 309 site to support over 200 retail stores adjoined by a two level “sky-bridge.” The result is a premier shopping, entertainment and dining precinct within the heart of Newmarket.
JFC delivered key civil, earthworks and ancillary streetscape requirements surrounding the site. This required careful programming and communication with multiple construction teams and contractors in order to work around each other in a shared space and work together to meet key project milestones, while providing minimal disruption to surrounding businesses and pedestrians.
JFC’s scope of works included:
- All stormwater works, wastewater works, street lighting, Sansom Driveway works and high specifciation streetscape finishes.
- Civil Works to the external and internal site areas for 309 Broadway including but not limited to:
- Services, driveway, stairway, retaining wall, basalt cladding, and pathway realignment to Samson Drive
- Traffic light works to the intersection of Gillies Ave and Morimer Pass, and Morrow St
- External road and realignment works to Gillies Ave & Mortimer Pass, and Morrow St
- Stormwater/drainage works to Gillies Ave, Mortimer Pass, Broadway & Clovernook Rd, and Morrow St
- Wastewater/sewer works to Clovernook Rd, and Morrow St
- Ccoustic hoarding to the Samsom Drive compound
- Temporary stormwater diversion to 309 Broadway