MercyAscot is undertaking a redevelopment of its Mercy Hospital site. In November 2021 JFC were appointed as an ECI partner to oversee the planning and delivery of enabling and early works activities, providing cost certainty, quality and minimal disruption to on-going operations and
stakeholders, such as patients and hospital staff.
The project is split into three phases involving enabling works, early works and the building works, culminating in the construction of a new hospital building comprising state-of-the-art operating theaters and wards.
As well as providing valuable ECI input during the design phase, JFC was directly responsible for delivering the following:
- Alterations to existing buildings, necessary to allow the early works and building packages to be undertaken.
- Piling and underpinning of existing buildings
- Excavation of basement and provision of temporary retaining structures
- Road widening, with associate retaining structures
- Civils works, including foul and storm water drainage
This project involved a pro-active approach to our community impact, stakeholder engagement, environmental compliance, traffic, contract, quality, and H&S risk management.
JFC implemented a number of noise dampening and vibration mitigation methods due to the sensitive stakeholder environment and potential impact on hospital activities and equipment. This included adjusting the timing of works, utilising noise mats and screens, and maintaining close
communication with MercyAscot representatives and hospital staff.