JFC were awarded works of drainage renewals and associated civils and reinstatements across 9 streets in Papanui by Christchurch City Council.
Of note was the installation/renewal of 2.2km of wastewater mains, 1.9km of sewer laterals and approximately 4375m2 of asphalt laid.
Scope of Works
- Renewal of existing wastewater main in the challenging physical conditions of the Christchurch City Council area.
- Reconnection of existing pipes to manholes, as required.
- Inspection of existing manholes not specified for replacement.
- Replacement and removal of existing manholes.
- Re-benching in manholes as required.
- Removal and disposal of existing manholes and pipes.
- Renewal of existing (non-PVC) wastewater laterals.
- Extensive temporary pumping, bypass and disposal of existing wastewater.
- Dewatering and disposal of ground water
- Potholing of services
This project involved a pro-active approach to our community impact, stakeholder engagement, environmental compliance, traffic, contract, quality, and H&S risk management, and a sound knowledge of CCC as a client.