SEE OUR SERVICES
WHAT WE DO
JFC is helping improve New Zealand for everyone by creating stronger transport connections, enhancing our country’s infrastructure and building vibrant city spaces.
We build vibrant urban spaces for Kiwi communities to enjoy. Our brand is behind the construction, restoration and transformation of some of New Zealand’s most-loved spaces – Freyberg Place, St Patricks Square, Silo Park, Aotea Square, Auckland War Memorial Museum, Christchurch’s Bridge of Remembrance and the Margaret Mahy playground to name a few.
Many prominent urban spaces have come to fruition because of our strong focus on design quality, teamwork and dedication to stakeholder management.
We’re improving the world we live in by creating better walking and cycling connections, recreational spaces and infrastructure networks for everyone to enjoy.
PARKS & RESERVES
Over the years we have cultivated strong working relationships within the turf and playground supply chain across New Zealand, giving us the tools to deliver complete parks projects, field renewals, playgrounds, sport facilities and even skate parks.
FOOTPATHS & CYCLEWAYS
Having built many of Auckland’s footpaths and cycleways, we have a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges, and recognise the importance of working closely with utility providers and stakeholders.
ROADING & CARPARKS
We have a full fleet of plant and equipment and the in-house capability to complete all aspects of roading development and renewals.
Our teams are equipped with the latest technology, and are trained to tight quality control standards ensuring that we always meet the expectations of our customers.
Our full fleet of earthworks machinery and trucks provides our teams with the means to undertake large scale earthworks and all associated civil works on a regular basis.
We have extensive experience in conducting site clearance in urban environments, large cut to waste, cut to fill landscaping projects, management of contaminated waste and the ability to recycle construction waste.
JFC is proud to have achieved New Zealand Transport Agency’s highest possible rating of Five Stars, certifying our reliable service, high standards and level of integrity.
Our fleet of vehicles, plant and machinery is continually updated to ensure modernity, efficiency and safety. This is further strengthened by our team of qualified operators and the use of GPS in all of our vehicles.
We have 24/7 access to authorised tipping and supply facilities and can supply and deliver materials across the wider Auckland region.
Whether its a 6 wheeler or an 8 wheeler, we have a large fleet of truck and trailers available for all your cartage needs throughout New Zealand.
PLANT & MACHINERY
We own a full range of modern earth moving plant and equipment to assist project delivery.
With our own fleet of plant, we have total control of the level of efficiency and environmental performance. We operate a congestion minimisation strategy to reduce the number of trips made and the time trucks spend on the road.
We’re helping make New Zealand a better place for everyone. Since 1968 we’ve been enhancing and improving New Zealand’s water, wastewater and stormwater networks, building better transport connections and helping our economy grow.
We offer capability in all aspects of pipeline construction, trenching and dewatering for wastewater, stormwater and potable water projects. With experience in both greenfield and brownfield developments, our teams work with water authorities and local government to meet the challenges presented by asset life cycle management.
Our qualified teams understand the stringent health and safety and environmental requirements associated with wastewater and stormwater projects, and have proven systems to manage these.
With a full fleet of plant and equipment, we can manage civil projects of any scale throughout New Zealand. We have experience and capability across all aspects of surface construction from urban and rural roads to highways.
Reducing our environmental footprint is not just an obligation at JFC, it is our responsibility
CARBON EMISSIONS PROGRAMME
We have committed to a carbon emissions reduction programme with a target to be carbon neutral by 2025./p>
CONGESTION MINIMISATION STRATEGY
With our own fleet of plant, we have total control of the level of efficiency and environmental performance. We operate a congestion minimisation strategy to reduce the number of trips made and the time trucks spend on the road. This strategy involves:
- Ensuring all trucks carry a full load in both directions.
- Storing materials in our compound, to minimise truck movements and keep trucks off the road at peak traffic times.
- Mixing concrete on site to reduce truck movements — minimizing disruption to traffic and reducing noise and dust.
- Tailoring each vehicle to its work task and location, for example selecting smaller trucks for constrained urban locations.
WASTE MANAGEMENT & RECYCLING
- We recycle 130,000m3 of excavated concrete material annually, available for use on footpath and streetscape projects.
- We recycle 90,000m3 of clean clay fill annually into land development projects.
- Minimising waste and recycling materials from project conception to completion.
- Excavating with air vacuums in Christchurch has eliminated the need for hydro-vac technology, and the associated water contamination. Excavation with air vacuums is safer, cleaner and faster than conventional methods.
- We are the first contractor in New Zealand to utilise this technology, and this technology will be available in Auckland from 2018.
BEING GOOD NEIGHBOURS
- Minimising disruption to neighbours through use of acoustic cutting booths, acoustic sound barriers for demolition, noise mitigation barriers and sound deadening mats.
- We continually monitor our noise and vibration levels to ensure we comply with agreed levels.
True sustainability is about much more than just minimising our construction footprint, it’s about making a better, cleaner New Zealand for everyone. We’re committed to supporting and developing the communities in which we operate, through creation of employment opportunities and helping the next generation to learn and succeed.
- JFC is an active supporter of the Tāmaki Jobs and Skills Hub
- We prioritise employing local people and local subcontractorsm, providing pathways through Connexis
- We have worked with Orakei Marae for over 10 years, donating time and materials for a range of development projects
- We planted over 2000 trees for Te Manukanuka o Hoturoa Marae
- We support a range of community programmes and clubs, including Paw Justice, the Westpac Rescue Helicopter and College Rifles Rugby Club